I went to the new house yesterday! It was SO exciting! Everything is coming together so nicely. It's so surreal. We are actually building our first home, literally, H has put his blood & sweat into this house.. I doubt there are been any tears from him =/
I went over to order our appliances from the local Lowes! Very exciting! We are going to have black appliances! The fridge,microwave & range are all GE; the dishwasher is Whirlpool. We couldn't find a GE dishwasher. I'm not partial to one brand or another it just worked out that we preferred the GE products over some of the other manufacturers. Maybe because they make a lower cost product? We had a budget of 3k for all the appliances. My total as $2188, not to shabby. My Dad said "Good, you went over on the floor by $1500"... uh oops?!
I also bought a shower curtain and a few towels for Chris to use. He will be moving over there as of this week. My dad wants him to after work so that he can work on the house more. We are SO close to closing it's crazy!
I decided that I am going to do the guest bath in Palm Trees, my office manager bought us a cute bathroom trash can that has palm trees on it so that will be where I will start with colors. I found a cute palm tree shower curtain @ Bed Bath & Beyond.
I think for our master bath I will do seashells & starfish. Haven't found anything for our bathroom yet. Chris keeps telling me I'm getting ahead of myself. He didn't even want me to buy a shower curtain yesterday, but they are going to be showering there... they need a shower curtain!
I start my new job this week, on Thursday! I am so nervous & excited all at the same time. I've been trying to read about various policies, but its hard to know what's actually accurate. I'm trusting that the Dr will have all the materials I will need to be successful.
This week they will be pouring the drive way, and building the outside stair case. I really don't know what else they will be doing. This weekend they grouted all the tile. They set the toilets and made our bathroom countertops. We are going to have tile tops in the bathrooms, not really my first choice, but it's better then ugly laminate tops. Our kitchen counter tops wouldn't really match in the bathrooms.
I'll post pictures when Chris gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment