I haven't updated our house blog in awhile. pathetic. Honestly, Chris forgot to take the camera last weekend and I didn't figure you would really want to *read* .. I think pictures are easier & more fun.
I can't remember what all was done last weekend. .. Let's see. Oh, Chris & I found some wood flooring that was on clearance at our local Lowe's. We fell in love with it & decided we wanted it. Fast forward to Friday; Chris heads over to the house Friday morning.. I worked all day that day, when I talked to him after work he said he was headed back home... huh? Apparently the Lowe's in Spring Hill doesn't have the flooring we want. So Chris had to come back home so he could get all the flooring that the Plant City store had... not cool, I was less then thrilled that he would be making 2 trips to & from the new house =/ .... he also had to go to the Oldsmar store to get the rest of the flooring. The good news, we got the flooring we wanted; on clearance. The bad news... we went over budget on the flooring.... but quite a bit; and this did not please the contractor. AKA Daddy-O ....
They also went and bought all the lighting & tile last weekend. I think last weekend they did a lot of shopping and not to much installation of anything.
Oh, they did finish the siding and put up all the soffit. So all that's left on the exterior of the house is the light fixtures by the garage doors; the garage doors themselves; the lights on the back of the house; the outside stairs, and the lighting by the front door.
_____________
This weekend Chris left again Friday morning for the new house. They primed the whole inside, downstairs & upstairs. Then they painted the whole thing... white. Not my idea. I would have preferred to put some color in there before we move in; but I got trumped. Oh well =)
Today they put up the tile in the shower stall of the guest bathroom. I really CAN NOT wait to see how it looks. I'm going crazy not being able to get over to the house. I'm really hoping I can make a quick trip over there next Sunday. I work on Saturday, but I'm soooo anxious to see the house. Chris said "It's crazy Babe, it looks like a house, a real house, with out furniture or appliances; but its a house, and it's our house".
Oh gosh. Our House!
I'll be back later to post pictures after Chris gets home!
No comments:
Post a Comment